Dear God, why aren’t you answering my prayer?

How many times in my life have I been down on my hands and knees (when I was physically able) begging God to help me with my food problems and my weight?  Too many, I lost count.

It would sound something like this:  On Sunday night, I would say, “Dear God, You know how miserable my life is being so overweight.  I really want to do better and lose this weight.  I am starting a new program tomorrow.  It cost me a lot of money!  Please, please help this work for me.  I think this might be it.  It might be the solution for me!  Please make it work! Thank you, Maureen”.  The hope that God would help me was always there on day 1.  When the program did not work or stopped working, I felt like God abandoned me!

How could God be OK with me having to live my life with these two major issues?  Did God not want me to lose weight?  Was this something I shouldn’t ask God to help me with?  Was I not worthy of receiving God’s help?  Had I messed up so bad in my life that God’s grace and mercy were dried up? All these questions I have had for years and years. I will admit, I was irritated with God because he didn’t answer my prayers about this.  Made me feel like I couldn’t count on Him for this or anything else!

Thank you God that through recovery…I now understand!  My prayers that appeared to be unanswered had nothing to do with my worthiness!  I had no idea that when I ask God for “help”, it is another way of saying that I know what I am doing but I just need your “help” to seal the deal.

I tried so hard to figure this out and do it on my own.  I searched a lifetime for answers.  I would have paid money (that I didn’t have) to anyone else who could guide me to resolving this problem of mine. Little did I know that the REAL power to heal me was available to me all the time!  At no charge!

The shift happened when I realized, by the grace of GOD, two things.  One was that God wasn’t interested in me just losing weight!  That could, and did happen many times!  I did lose weight!  But I never got “rid” of the problem!  God was interested in my being HEALED.  In God’s infinite wisdom, He knew that me just losing weight, would make things even worse for me and that it would push me away further from the REAL issue by putting a bandaid on the problem!

The second thing I realized was the difference in God “helping” me and God “doing it” for me!  When you let go of it and turn it completely over to God, great things start happening!  God doesn’t need to help ME with anything!  But I need God to DO for me with everything!

Once I realized these two important things, my prayers were answered and the miracles started happening!  Once I let God’s power totally take over…it all happened…just like that!  God has done 99% and I do the remaining 1%!

Learn from my experience!  We don’t need God to help us with whatever our scheme is to improve our lives, we need God to take it over and do it HIS way!

If you find yourself in need of recovery, please visit http://www.foodaddicts.org anywhere in the world!

Advertisements

Author: onehundredfiftyplus

Yes, I have lost 150+ pounds! I am a food addict and arresting this addiction was the key to being able to live in a normal size body...finally at the age of 55! I am interested in helping anyone who suffers from the obsession of food.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s